We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Offering a great employment opportunity for a mid-career engineering professional to lead and develop a strong site/civil engineering team in the robust and growing land development market in Indiana. The selected candidate will take over leadership of an existing team of talented engineers with ongoing projects and strong relationship with public and private sector clients. The challenge/opportunity of this Community Development position is to grow the portfolio and the team by winning and executing high-quality land development work, both in a lead role and in a support role to other professionals in our Federal, Architecture and Environmental Services groups.
The specific scope of work of this position is to:
* Grow the portfolio of the Indianapolis-based land development/site civil engineering team. Proactively identify and develop new business opportunities, including positioning with clients in advance of RFP issue. Pursue work with public and private clients in Indiana. Strengthen existing relationships with internal technical (Architecture, Environmental Services, Federal) teams and pursue more work with them in the Mid-west region. Convert business opportunities into proposals and projects, where appropriate and achievable.
* Manage projects to achieve technical quality and financial performance metrics. Through successful project execution, contribute to enhancing strong reputation for delivering high-quality work to our clients.
* Nurture and develop the Indianapolis-based land development/civil engineering team. Supervise, coach, and mentor the three staff. Provide guidance on technical issues, project management, and career development. Grow the team by hiring additional staff, including entry-level staff, as and when justified by new wins/backlog.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
* Experience in site planning, roads, drainage, grading, water systems, sanitary sewer systems, and other infrastructure.
* Knowledge of roadway geometrics, grading and utility.
* Registered Professional Engineer in Indiana
* Industry water, sewer and storm water design and hydrology calculations/modeling.
* Strong knowledge of stormwater management and BMP design and permitting in Indiana.
* Demonstrated commitment to excellence in client experience and of the permitting process in Indiana
* Existing relationships with development clients in the Indiana market.
* Experience with both private and public sector clients/projects.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
* Excellent oral, written and graphic communication skills.
* Software familiar in Civil3D or later version, Hydrology / Hydraulic design software (FlowMaster/CulvertMaster, PondPack, HydroCAD); word processing, Excel and other standard office software programs.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering
Minimum 8 years of experience in the profession of Civil Engineering/Land Development
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.