- Perform work with a strong team through civil site/land development design, permitting, and construction observation on a variety of residential, commercial, institutional, and municipal projects.
- Nurture strong relationships with team members.
- Perform design of land development projects within Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Perform and prepare technical design calculations associated with land development projects (i.e., storm drainage hydraulic sizing and system modeling, water distribution modeling, best management practices (BMP), underground detention systems, sanitary sewer collection systems, sanitary sewer pump stations and force main, erosion control measures, etc.).
- Assist in training/mentoring for junior members of the team.
- Perform technical review of drawings, specifications, calculations, shop drawings, and other engineering documents for conformance with project goals and requirements.
- Perform initial engineering evaluations, including quantity take-offs and opinions of probable construction cost.
- Help management of project and staff schedules.
- Act as a potential point of contact on land development project for Clients, review agencies, contractors, and internal planning, surveying, and geotechnical departments.
- Attend meetings with Clients, review agencies, and contractors throughout the various stages of the land development process.
- Perform site visits and prepare associated field reports.
- Observe and provide general coordination for various field testing (i.e. water pressure testing, gravity sewer low pressure testing, manhole vacuum testing, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 6+ years of relevant civil engineering design and project management experience.
- PE Licensure or ability to obtain licensure within 3 months Preferred (North Carolina preferred).
- Possess advanced design skills in Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D (2015 or more recent version).
- Possess advanced design skills in software programs such as Hydraflow Hydragraphs, Hydraflow Storm Sewers, HydroCAD, WaterCAD, and Autodesk Vehicle Tracking.