One of the foreign-capital Renewable Energy developer companies is urgently looking for an Offshore Wind Project Development, Senior Manager/Director level to join their team and support for the Offshore Wind Project development in Japan market.
This will be the permanent position based in the Tokyo office.
About the company:
- Foreign-capital company with business in more than 20 countries
- The business has strong positions in offshore wind power, especially in floating offshore wind
- 2-3 project pipelines with a few potential partners in Japan, expecting to double the project pipeline by the end of 2023
- Bilingual team with both Japanese and English communication in the Japan office
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders: project owners, local partners, contractors, etc. to grow and deliver offshore project pipeline
- Coordinate and support activities for new acquisition/partnership opportunities for offshore wind projects: due diligence, preparation/submission/amendment of development approval applications, coordination of third-party consultants, etc.
- Liaise with local authorities, prefecture municipal governments, and state agencies to lead the activities for community engagement
- Stay updated on market opportunities and threats to propose actions/mitigation accordingly
- 10+ years of experience in medium/large scale infrastructure projects, ideally offshore oil & gas, offshore wind, or any projects in line with wind energy
- Master's degree related to Business, Engineering, Science, or any related discipline
- Team leadership experience is highly welcomed
- Project Management Professional certification will be a PLUS
- Fluent in business English and Japanese communication
For further information, please apply and we will be in touch with you soon!