One of the foreign-capital Renewable Energy developer companies is urgently looking for a Consent Senior Manager/Director to join their team and support the Offshore Wind Project development in Japan market.
This will be the permanent position based in the Tokyo office.
About the company:
- Foreign-capital company with business in more than 20 countries
- The business has strong positions in offshore wind power, especially in floating offshore wind
- 2-3 project pipelines with a few potential partners in Japan, expecting to double the project pipeline by the end of 2023
- Bilingual team with both Japanese and English communication in the Japan office
- Lead and be responsible for the project consenting activities for offshore wind project development, including setting up the consent strategy, consent budget
- Identify all consents, permits, approvals, agreements, etc. required for the projects and work on clarifying any processes related
- Manage internal team/external consultants to deliver Site Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Survey Campaigns, multiple studies and permits including but not limited to ornithology, cetaceans, fisheries, onshore ecology, etc.
- Work within the local offshore wind development team and contribute to other processes as required
- 5+ years of experience in Japan renewable energy sector with successful project development records for Japan projects
- Strong knowledge and experience of local stakeholders relationship and network
- Master's degree in public policy/management, sociology, engineering, or environment
- Proactive and highly responsible for any issues with local Japan while responding to the demand of the business
- Fluent in English and Japanese communication
For further information, please do apply and we will be in touch with you soon!