I am hiring a Director/Practice lead of Land Development Engineering in the Mid-Atlantic!
Duties, Responsibilities & Other:
- Experienced in the technical design of Civil Land Development projects servicing public state and municipal clients, private residential, commercial, and industrial clients.
- Experienced as a Project Manager of Land Development projects from feasibility analysis, through design, permitting, bidding and construction.
- Experienced in leading a team of engineers and planners, including mentoring, directing work, workload allocation, and in driving positive culture and employee morale.
- Provide Leadership/Mentorship/Motivation to staff.
- Take an active role in recruitment and development of new staff
- Serve as Project Manager for major clients.
- Serve as a PM or as a technical resource to develop studies, reports, plans, specifications and estimates
- Provide independent QA/QC on projects
- Prepares technical and fee proposals.
- Active in local business associations, develop business development materials, and market to architects and developers.
- Participate in the development of annual business planning and on-going financial stewardship of the LD practice.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years' of professional experience.
- Professional Engineering License in one of MD, VA or DC is a must
- Complete Annual Individual Training Program
- Prepare and deliver timely annual employee performance appraisals for assigned staff
- Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by soliciting monthly performance feedback, identifying client needs, and identifying the next project
- Work with the Discipline Manager, Regional/Practice Leaders, and the CFO to develop annual budget
- Ensure practice fulfills ISO compliance requirements
- Hire and manage work routine of all assigned staff and assign job activities as required
- Meet annual Performance Agreements targets
- Meet monthly or more frequently as necessary with the Discipline Manager, Regional/Practice Leader(s), and the CFO to review financial performance, business development activities, and staffing
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Participate and contribute to annual leadership meeting(includes PLEP training)
- Participate in and contribute to applicable regional office forums
- Review annual Employee Satisfaction Survey and implement required corrective actions
If you are looking for an opportunity to make the next step in your career as well as the opportunity to stamp your mark on the industry within your community please apply or contact me for more details!
Cell: (+1) 202-905-0654