You will be responsible for the delivery of the HVDC project scope, directing as well as coordinating the project team members and liaising with the project director. Your time will be split between project and client sights as well as being stationed in the European head offices.
As an expert you will interact with clients, partners as well as relevant department within the larger organisation. You will support clients in the project development efforts with a constant focus on overall performance and quality.
- Engage with clients to develop and determine the HVDC system's design parameters and installation.
- Perform feasibility studies on proposed HVDC projects at various stage in the project's life cycle with a focus on technical feasibility, technological risk assessment, cost estimation and grid connection feasibility.
- Identify, assess and compare alternative solutions and provide advice on the best technical solutions for a specific project given the needs and objectives of the client and external factors.
- Develop and review functional specification of HVDC systems with a focus on performance requirements tailored to the needs of a specific client and developed in such a way as to support fair competition and market innovation.
- Comprehensive compensation package with attractive salary and extensive benefits included.
- Unique training and personal development opportunities within the continually developing energy market.
- The opportunity to manage a diverse, multi-national group who are experts within their field.
- Work with a variety of clients who are leading market across a variety of locations
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of three years previous experience in a similar position (HVAC substation and associated transmission line projects).
- Prior experience with HVDC systems (preferably VSC) at transmission voltage levels up to 500KV.
- Ability to lead all technical discussions and negotiations with manufacturers, suppliers and contractors during tendering and provide advice to the client on bid non-compliance, viable alternative solutions and scope gaps.
- Fluency in English and German