A large global owner & operator company in the renewable energy industry is currently seeking a self-motivated, driven, HSS&E Specialist with a strong background in Health, Safety, Security, and Environmental programs. This role will be remote, with 40% travel requirements to bounce from site to site for their solar projects. You will be assisting in implementing and coordinating a comprehensive HSS&E management system, evaluating program effectiveness and provide routine reports.
- Maintain & assist in the implementation of health, safety, security, and environmental policies and procedures
- Recognize, practice and advise on safe work habits using sound safety and environmental principles in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Provide HSSE training in accordance with regulatory requirements and procedures to groups of 20-50 employees
- Evaluate and document contractor performance regarding safety compliance issues
- Assess the HSSE risk and impact of company activities as well as projects and advise the project teams of related requirements
Key Skills Required:
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations General Industry and Construction and their application
- Knowledge of and experience in application of federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulatory requirements
- Understanding of FERCA public safety guidelines and regulations
- Experience in application of electrical (high & low voltage) related safety practices preferred, particularly in Solar PV generation
- Must be able to travel approximately 40%
Are you a driven health & safety professional in the renewable energy industry? If you so, please reach out to learn more.