- Manages multiple projects at various stages of work.
- Consults with customers to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structures or renovations, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs and construction schedules.
- Administers construction contracts and conducts progress meetings as driven by the customer to monitor the job's performance and safety schedule.
- Coordinates with the in-house design team to generate drawings used for the pricing of work and the construction of the project.
- Works with the owner to ensure their design and budget goals are met.
- Oversees the process of preparing drawings and specification documents for the project and design review.
- Collaborates with the estimating department on the advertisement and bidding of projects.
- Responsible for ensuring all state and local permits and licenses are obtained.
- Responsible for managing the financial aspects of the job internally and with sub-contractors. Provides accurate cost and profit projections.
- Responsible for coordinating the billing of jobs and tracking payments from owners.
- Works with superintendents to monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes.
- Demonstrates overall understanding of the project by generating schedules that address the development of the project, including design/engineering, scheduling, bidding, buy out, construction, and close out.
- Reacts to challenges that can arise from weather or owner requested changes and finds solutions to minimize delay to the project.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Experience estimating is highly desirable, potentially necessary
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high quality content
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet stated customer-initiated deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving and analytically skills
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes in schedule and design
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, construction management, engineering, or business
- Five to ten years of project management experience
- 10+ years of experience in the construction industry
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be willing to submit to a Drug Screen and Background Check
- Must be eligible for work in the United States