A national multi-disciplinary engineering firm with an office in Pittsburgh, PA, has an immediate need for talented, team focused Civil Engineers with a minimum of 8+ years progressive experience in specialty areas including roadway/highway design and drainage/stormwater design. This position is for an individual looking to challenge themselves on a variety of transportation projects in the region.
We are looking for Civil Engineers who have a positive attitude, are good leaders, and enjoy working in a team environment. The successful candidate will join a growing team of transportation professionals and play a lead role in the highway design components of roadway projects throughout Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
- Design roadways in accordance with AASHTO DOT specifications and CADD Standards using Microstation.
- Develop design plans and calculations, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates.
- Prepare engineering reports and technical studies such as design memos, feasibility studies, concept design reports, Design Exception Reports, and Functional Design Reports.
- Perform field work and construction phase services support.
- Interact with and present project designs to clients, agencies, and the public.
- Work alongside experienced practitioners to expand your knowledge.
- Help guide and mentor junior staff.
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 8+ years of progressively responsible design related experience.
- P.E required.
- Working knowledge of AASHTO and DOT design standards.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microstation.
- Experience with DOT CAD Standards.
- Knowledge of applicable local, state and federal statutes and guidelines with respect to field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with ownership, management, co-workers, customers, vendors, contractors, partners and other stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, punctual, and organized.