A national engineering team that is well established in the Michigan market is looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer/Project Manager to join their group. The firm is a well-recognized firm, that has great relationships with MDOT, as well as local counties and municipalities. This is a great opportunity for a Transportation Engineer or Senior Engineer to step into a leadership role! This person will be passionate about supporting the development of transportation design projects and plans. Projects will involve roadway/highway design, transportation management, municipal streets, and pedestrian facilities.
This firm has active backlog of around 14 months, and is continuing to win work throughout different regions. The firm offers multiple bonuses throughout the year, as well as competitive pay. They have excellent benefits, and have actively taken care of their employees with a work life balance.
The day to day duties would include:
- Training and mentoring younger staff on best engineering practices
- Training staff on local design standards
- Help lead business development efforts with other senior leaders on the team
- Manage active projects, and be Project Manager of record
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSCE degree with 8+ years of design experience in all aspects of transportation design; or equivalent level of experience
- Michigan, PE
- Strong engineering analysis and judgement
- Experience in managing and organizing multiple tasks and related disciplines
- Ability to manage and train support staff