Are you a project manager seeking an exciting opportunity in heavy civil construction? A top Florida general contractor is currently hiring for a Heavy Civil Project Manager based in Tampa, FL. This is your chance to join one of the states top GCs and make a significant impact in the SW Florida construction industry!
Responsibilities: As a Heavy Civil Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of construction projects. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Planning, organizing, and executing heavy civil construction projects from start to finish.
- Ensuring projects are completed within budget, on schedule, and in compliance with all safety and quality standards.
- Managing project teams, subcontractors, and suppliers to ensure seamless coordination and efficient project execution.
- Monitoring project progress and addressing any issues or delays proactively.
- Collaborating with clients, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure project objectives are met.
- Managing project documentation, including contracts, permits, and change orders.
- Conducting regular site visits and inspections to ensure adherence to project specifications.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Providing leadership and mentorship to project team members.
Requirements: To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience on heavy civil construction projects
- Extensive knowledge and experience in road construction, bridge construction, grading and paving.
- Experience with FDOT projects is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of construction methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Familiarity with relevant industry regulations and safety standards.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field is preferred.
- Preferred Qualifications: Experience with underground utilities, including water, sewer, and storm drainage systems, is a big plus.
Benefits: This general contractor offers:
- Full health insurance coverage
- Competitive base salary with significant bonus opportunities
- Best in the industry PTO
- A competitive 401k plan
To apply, please submit your resume. We look forward to reviewing your application!