A local South Carolina heavy civil firm is currently seeking a Project Engineer specializing in overseeing transportation construction projects. With a portfolio of projects including water/wastewater treatment plants, heavy highway, bridges, and more, the Project Engineer will be responsible for providing support to Project Managers/Superintendents for all aspects of project administration.
This firm chases work across southern South Carolina and down into Georgia, and the Project Engineer is expected to travel around these areas. The firm also has an industry leading culture with a high reputation in the field. They prioritize safety above all else and strive to maintain the health and well-being of their employees.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for...
* Managing workload effectively; prioritizing items based on the demands of the project(s)
* Organizing and managing the submittal schedule and project deliverables to coordinate with project schedule
* Supporting estimating efforts, including soliciting subcontractor bids, reviewing proposals and assembling bids to clients
* Having a working knowledge of owner contract, subcontracts and purchase orders
* Reviewing shop drawings for coordination with trades and compliance with contract documents; expediting and approving submittals and shop drawings
The Project Engineer should have the following qualifications...
* A bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
* 5-8 years of heavy civil work experience
* Minimum 2-3 years' bridge experience preferred
* Demonstrated ability carry out assigned duties
* Competitive base salary
* Medical, Vision, and Life insurance
* 401k match
* And more!
If you are interested in the Project Engineer role, then please don't wait to apply!