Job Description: Heavy Civil Project Engineer (Underground Utilities) - San Diego, California
One of our clients is a leading construction contractor currently working in San Diego, California, specializing in heavy civil construction projects. They are committed to delivering exceptional infrastructure solutions that contribute to the growth and development of the Southern California community. They are currently seeking a dedicated Heavy Civil Project Engineer with a strong background in underground utility work to join their dynamic team.
Position Overview: As a Heavy Civil Project Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the planning, execution, and management of complex civil construction projects, with a specific focus on underground utilities. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, contractors, and stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of projects that meet high-quality standards, safety regulations, and deadlines. This role requires occasional night shifts for the current project, but subsequent projects will not require such shifts.
- Assist in the development of project plans, budgets, and schedules for underground utility-related projects.
- Collaborate with project managers, design teams, and contractors to ensure project objectives are clearly defined and communicated.
- Conduct regular site visits to monitor project progress, identify potential issues, and ensure adherence to design specifications and safety protocols.
- Coordinate and manage the procurement of necessary materials, equipment, and resources for the project.
- Assist in the preparation of RFIs, change orders, and other project-related documentation.
- Participate in meetings with clients, stakeholders, and regulatory authorities to provide project updates and address any concerns.
- Monitor project costs and financial performance, making recommendations for cost-saving measures where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with relevant local, state, and federal regulations and permits.
- Provide technical support and expertise to the project team, offering innovative solutions to challenges as they arise.
- Prepare and present progress reports, construction schedules, and other project-related documentation to internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentor junior team members and provide guidance to improve their technical skills and project understanding.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- One year or more of hands-on experience in underground utility-related construction projects is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of civil engineering principles, construction methodologies, and project management.
- Proficiency in project management software and tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams and external partners.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on quality and safety.
- Willingness to work occasional night shifts as required by the current project.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
If interested, do not wait to apply as this contractor is currently interviewing for the position. Qualified candidates will be contacted within 72 hours.