A leading Heavy Civil California General Contractor is looking for a Project Manager for a Federal Construction project in Portersville, CA. The job is a Canal Project and the ideal candidate will have experience with scheduling, concrete, and experience working with the Army Core of Engineers. The project will run for two years and offers competitive per-diem pay.
Minimum of 5 years project management experience in the heavy civil marketplace.
Verifiable PM experience in heavy civil concrete construction is a must.
BS in civil engineering or construction management is mandatory; PEs are preferred but not mandatory.
Candidate must be detail oriented with excellent communication and computer skills.
Candidate must have prior construction CPM scheduling experience, and be proficient in Primavera (P6) or Sure Trak.
Candidate must have cost estimating experience. Experience with B2W estimating software is preferable.
Candidate must have a strong safety background and prior training, with a commitment to excellence and high standards.
Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills capable of managing priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment and the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work with constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
Duties Of A Project Manager
Full responsibility for multiple public work projects ongoing simultaneously.
PM needs to be "stand alone" and able to accept responsibility for all aspects of managing a construction project from start to finish.
Writing subcontracts and purchase orders.
Preparing required submittals, submittal management, RFl management.
Project scheduling including subcontractor and vendor scheduling.
Management, estimating and project cost accounting.
Claims and claim management.
Administration and scheduling of field personnel, job costing, and field engineering.
Completion of Daily project diaries- and its dissemination.
If you are qualified and would like to hear more about the role, please do not hesitate to apply!