We have a current opportunity for a Foundation T&I Manager on a long-term contract basis till 2026 for an offshore wind project in Taiwan. The position will be based in Taipei City. For further information about this position please apply.
Foundation (FOU) T&I Manager to support the FOU package and the EPC team in developing the projects through financial close and project execution.
As a FOU T&I Manager, you will manage development and execution related works including all technical and commercial aspects related to the FOU T&I.
You will provide leadership, direction and support during the development and execution phase of the project with role's extended responsibilities including support of other (sub) packages related to the
Supply and Installation of the WTG FOU.
You will take on a broad package of tasks, including but not limited to the following:
- Support the FOU Package Manager and Construction Manager in delivering the projects, with overall responsibility for design, specification, procurement and management of the FOU T&I package during the development and execution phase of the project.
- In cooperation with FOU Package Manager and Contract Manager, tender, negotiate and recommend FOU installation contractors and suppliers and required marine spread through to contract award.
- Review and provide recommendations regarding contractors' and suppliers' proposals.
- Confirm proposals are appropriate to meet the project programme, quality and budgetary requirements.
- Risk assess the technical feasibility of contractors' and suppliers' proposals to ensure that all risks are identified and evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood.
- Provide required support to Permit team to obtain permits and approvals from local authorities.
- Manage programme of the relevant FOU T&I suppliers and contractors to identify and manage timing and interface issues. In doing so, collaborate with the planning and interface management functions of the projects.
- Identify and report to the FOU package manager all significant technical risk and develop contingency plans as part of the overall risk management process.
- Identify potential programme issues, engineering issues and risks and assess programme and budget impact.
- Manage the interfaces with the other projects' packages incl. cross discipline cooperation with Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Fabrication and other project team personnel.
- Coordinate with all supporting functions including Contracts, Finance, Permits and ensuring requirements are aligned all aspects related to the FOU T&I package.
- Manage offshore installation contractor, vessel supplier and MWS.
- Select and manage Client's Representatives for the FOU T&I activities.
- Support the Construction team in relation to FOU T&I activities taking place at the marshalling harbour.
- Manage and review design development for all aspects related to the FOU T&I package.
- Challenge scope specifications to determine where unnecessary costs can be eliminated, and more value can be added.
- Deal with claims mitigation and challenge cost disputes with 3rd party suppliers in collaboration with the FOU Package Manager and Contract Manager.
- Control spends against the approved project budget in close liaison with the FOU Contract Manager and Cost Controller.
- Drive best-in-class quality and safety standards across the different phases of the project.
- Carry out HAZID/HAZOP for installation equipment design and offshore installation operations.
- Review Design Risk Assessments for specialized equipment.
- Coordinate and attend inspections of vessels provided to the projects.
- Work closely with the HSE manager, Quality manager and the wider project team to ensure that the suppliers and contractors are operating in compliance with the projects' QA/QC and HSE requirements.
- Continuously share knowledge including regularly updated Lessons Learnt registers.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated, solution seeker, trustworthy, and reliable. The candidate should have the curiosity and interest to actively deliver solutions and be
innovative, yet rational and able to focus on workable solutions.
The following qualifications and key skills characterize a successful candidate for this role:
- Relevant bachelor's engineering degree or master's engineering degree providing a strong technical foundation in understanding interfaces in large EPCI projects.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant and similar fields of work. (e.g. complex EPCI Construction Projects, large infrastructure project).
- As a minimum requirement you would have been a T&I Manager or Lead Engineer for a previous FOU T&I project both in the development and construction phase. Strong preference for experience in Taiwan.
- Knowledge of supply chain contract management fundamentals, best practices, and industry trends. Understanding of contract law (preferably BIMCO, FIDIC and/or LOGIC contract styles)
- High level of knowledge of lifting and marine operations standards.
- Understanding HSE management principles.
- Ability and interest to deep dive into complex contractual and technical challenges.
- Excellent cooperation and collaboration skills; a team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge.
- Comfortable flagging problems when they arise and asking for help when needed.
- Ability to be proactive while working remotely or independently.
- Culturally aware with a high level of emotional intelligence to work effectively with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Proven ability to manage ambiguity and to shape processes and systems where they do not yet exist.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex topics and aggregate decision-relevant information to convey messages clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to undertake frequent domestic travels to the project site.
- Computer skills above average including:
- All key Microsoft Office software: Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Microsoft online ecosystem (Teams, SharePoint).
- Trustworthy and transparent.
- Be based in Taipei, Taiwan.
If interested, don't hesitate to apply!