My client, a multi-disciplinary firm with a great culture and strong reputation in Atlanta, is looking to find a PE Licensed Forensic Structural Engineer to join their dynamic forensic group.
For this advanced role, they are seeking a candidate who is comfortable working multiple complex projects and picking up a growing number of responsibilities as they continue their expansion. In addition to technical expertise on assignments, the ideal applicant will excel in customer service and maintaining our important business relationships throughout the industry.
- Conduct residential and commercial forensic investigations to analyze and determine the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, roof damage, construction defects and building system failures for insurance companies, attorneys, private homeowners and property owners.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damage, hurricanes, and floods.
- Research technical publications and literature in support of evaluations, and apply engineering principles and practices in accordance with codes and industry standards.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required timeframes.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide timelines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Experience with premises and walking surface investigations, product defect cases a plus.
- Local travel and inspections of homes, roofs and crawlspaces will be required.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or closely related discipline required
- Minimum 8 years engineering experience
- Requires strong analytical and field inspection skills.
- Must be highly motivated, dependable and conscientious.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with clients and subordinates.
- The ability to write technical reports and working knowledge of building structures.
- Project management and supervisory experience highly desired.
- Professional Engineer [P.E.] License Required.