LVI are partnered with a boutique forensic engineering and building envelope consultancy company with a strong presence across the southeastern US. They are currently in the process of strategically growing their business in key growth markets and are actively seeking a P.E. Licensed Forensic Structural Engineer in Dallas to join as the Forensic Service Line Leader and spearhead their growth in Texas.
The company is 100% employee owned; the owners coming larger, private equity backed engineering firms, they set out to create a business that could avoid dry, metric based settings they had all previously experienced. They go above and beyond for each employee in the business, from training seminars and conferences, to providing the autonomy needed for everyone to control their own schedule and work to their own hours, to ensure everyone can maintain a work-life balance that works for them.
This is a remote-based position for any driven engineer keen to take the next step in their career and help build out a service line for a growing company.
- Conduct forensic investigations on single and multifamily residential, and commercial properties, determining the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, construction defects and building system failures for a clientele of leading insurance carriers and adjusters.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damages (wind, hail, tornado, hurricanes, and floods) as well and construction design defects.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required time-frames.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide time-lines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Providing both written and verbal reports to tight deadlines regarding multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil/Structural is preferred)
- P.E. license holder in the state of Texas
- 10+ year's experience in engineering
- 2+ year's experience in Forensics - Structural design, investigation, and construction defect experience.
- Project Management experience is preferred: Covering a variety of multifamily and commercial structures.
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities in Texas!