LVI are seeking a Licensed Forensic Structural Engineer to join an industry-leading multi-disciplinary engineering firm. The company specializes in forensic structural engineering, building envelope diagnostics and repair and restoration on complex, large loss projects. They have an award winning company culture, and are looking to add career driven and ambitious engineers in New York.
The role will consist of performing forensic engineering work for clients throughout New York, as well as surrounding states. The successful candidate will be expected to evaluate the cause of failure, extent of damage and provide design drawings for repair and restoration in a variety of different building type, from multifamily residential to high rise commercial.
Requirements for the role:
- Bachelors Degree in Structural, Civil, or Architectural Engineering (or related)
- 5+ Years Structural Engineering Experience
- PE Licensed in the state of New York
- Experience working with a multitude of building material types
- Experience in structural design and analysis
- Experience working on existing construction - Inspection, retrofits, repairs designs, additions
- 7+ Years Structural Engineering Experience
- Work with high-rise commercial buildings
- Client facing skills and business development aptitude
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The ideal Structural Engineer will take on the responsibility of managing the technical production and contractual aspects of multiple projects within the office with focus on restoration, rehabilitation, renovation, and forensics related work.
- You will also assist in marketing, business development and growth of the Diagnostics Group. The engineer should have experience and interest in the area of restoration, rehabilitation, renovation, water infiltration, building envelope issues in addition to forensic engineering work.
- You should also possess a high energy level and be a self-motivated project manager who can work within a strong team environment, serving clients on major projects throughout the United States and internationally. Technical specialization, pro-activity and assertiveness when meeting client and project needs, are required.
To find out more, please reach out to Kane Wreford at LVI Associates to find out more and we can have a confidential conversation over the phone to discuss this great opportunity!