My Client, provides investigative engineering services, litigation support, failure analysis and many other structural, civil, mechanical, materials and electrical engineering services and are looking for a Mechanical Forensic Engineer- P.E licensed in New York.
The engineer will be expected to conduct on-site investigations including mechanical evaluations, plan reviews, existing document reviews, visual observation, and engaging in interviewing points of contact.
This firm provides the opportunity to take responsibility of your own schedule, incentive bonuses, health benefits and 401k.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Survey's losses and loss scenes at residential and commercial buildings
- Conducts investigations to determine and document the scope of damage.
- Investigates and assesses damages due to failures and determines the origin of failure for insurers and litigation support.
- Analyses and documents the failure analysis and causation of failures.
- Collaborates with other investigators to produce detailed reports outlining the cause and origin of losses and damages.
- Collaborates with Unifier's national team of forensic experts to leverage experiences and assist on projects.
- Proficiency in other mechanical engineering branches such as HVAC systems
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with clients and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and tie management skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently manage your time, and meet deadlines on multiple concurrent projects.
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Public speaking is a must; effective report writing is critical.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to change to meet business needs.
- Ability to travel and support projects
- Intermediate level pf computer skills are required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of science degree in Mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university
- 5 years of mechanical engineering experience, required.
- Forensic experience or investigative experience, required (Applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations)
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE), required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform he essential functions.
Must be willing and able to perform all types of field inspections and to work at heights.