I am currently seeking an experienced architect or engineer to provide direction for all aspects of technical and managerial services in Chicago. In this role, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to expand and grow our client's practice while leading high-profile projects - including, but not limited to; building envelope design/redesign and failure investigations, non-destructive enclosure testing, new construction, restoration and preservation, fenestration and roofing systems, leak investigations and high-performance facade consulting.
My client's Chicago office has a specific focus on professional services in structural design, architectural / facade design, evaluation and restoration of building facades / building envelopes, feasibility studies and reports, forensic engineering, structural and architectural failure investigations of distressed structures and envelopes, and litigation support. Their clients include architectural businesses, construction institutions, contractors, private clients, and government agencies across the US and overseas.
Their Chicago office is one of over 10 nationwide, and the opportunity to travel and work on projects across the US is available.
- A Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering or equivalent
- Licensed Architect in Illinois or Professional Engineer in Illinois or licensed Structural Engineer
- 10+ of experience in engineering/architecture and forensics
- The desire to work in a team-based project environment
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to self-direct and self-regulate
- Oversee the strategic growth of the Chicago office
- Responsible for future hiring and development of employees
- Ability to delegate and work as both a leader and a mentor
- Responsible for producing project documentation
- Applies knowledge of AEC principles and practices
- Prepares project specifications and technical reports
- 50% Office work and 50% field work. (or some variation)