LVI are seeking a Registered Architect in the San Francisco area to provide technically sound solutions primarily for existing buildings, which would include repair, restoration, rehabilitation, and adaptive re-use projects. Opportunities may develop for small scale commercial, retail, and/or hospitality projects.
- Conduct investigations and conditions assessments in order to determine appropriate repair of damaged and/or poorly performing buildings.
- Evaluating existing buildings in preparation for discussions on changes in the use of the structure (adaptive reuse).
- Prepare written reports describing your observations, analysis, and recommendations for the buildings being evaluated.
- Research history of buildings and any associated code updates that should apply.
- Complete design assignments related to changes in use, upgrades, maintenance, and restoration of existing buildings, as well as components of design related to new construction.
- Complete constructability and third party peer reviews of plans and specifications prepared by others.
- Manage projects and teams in both new and existing construction in a variety of building projects, assuring QA/QC in the final product.
- Manage multiple projects with deadlines, preparing technical condition reports, repair design, bid documents, addenda, change orders and other construction documentation.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Bachelor of Architecture, or higher, is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the design of building systems, construction document preparation, construction administrative services, and/or project management of building construction.
- Registration as a Registered Architect in California is required.
- Registered Roofing Consultant and/or Registered Wall Consultant designations are desired, but not required.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD is required, and proficiency with Building Information Modeling software is preferred.
- Good report writing skills with the ability to develop and commit to budgets, scopes, and deadlines.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels (e.g. internal and external), and work independently with good judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to travel in and out of state, occasionally out of country (typically England, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, and Virgin Islands), on assignments (approximately 20% travel).
- Physical ability to perform all of the following functions is required: Climb ladders, walk on roofs, work from elevated platforms (scaffolding), enter and work in confined spaces, work outdoors in hot or cold weather, and lift up to 50 pounds using necessary safety equipment.
- Perform duties that may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, or squatting for prolonged periods of time.
In return for your talent and effort, the company offer full-time employees a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.