Job Title: Fire Protection & Plumbing Engineer
Location: New York City
A leading engineering consulting firm in New York City, with a focus on providing exceptional MEP engineering solutions to their clients. They are seeking a Fire Protection & Plumbing Engineer to join our team and help us continue to deliver high-quality work to our clients.
As a Fire Protection & Plumbing Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and evaluating plumbing and fire protection systems for a variety of buildings. You will work closely with our team of engineers to ensure that all designs meet local and national codes and standards. You will also be responsible for providing technical support to our clients, contractors, and construction teams.
- Design and evaluate plumbing and fire protection systems for commercial, residential, healthcare, among other buildings
- Ensure that all designs meet local and national codes and standards
- Work closely with architects, contractors, and construction teams to ensure that systems are properly installed and maintained
- Provide technical support to clients, contractors, and construction teams
- Conduct site visits to assess the status of plumbing and fire protection systems and identify potential issues
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for clients and project stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in Fire Protection and/or Plumbing preferred
- 3+ years of experience in designing and evaluating plumbing and fire protection systems
- Knowledge of local and national codes and standards, including NFPA, IBC, IPC, and UPC
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, and other design software
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
If you are a self-motivated engineer with a passion for designing and evaluating plumbing and fire protection systems, I encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. The firm offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for career advancement. Please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration.