Job Title: Financial Analyst
Company Summary: As an impact investor, this PE Fund's mission is to bring business, technologies, jobs, and housing to communities that have historically lacked investment capital, while also generating competitive returns for their investors. Founded in 1992, the company has invested more than $3.6 billion in over 800 companies, spanning a diverse array of industry sectors. They have built a strong track record of public-private partnerships with state and federal governments and private institutional investors, directly creating tens of thousands of jobs in undeserved communities.
Position Summary: As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing equity and subordinated debt investments in traditionally undeserved, rural, or distressed markets. The Analyst works with deal team leads to create and present investment memorandums and financial models for committee review and manage portfolio companies post-close. Additionally, the Analyst leads various internal investment and fund data reports for senior investment team members.
- Evaluate debt and equity investment opportunities in operating companies in various industries, which provide a measurable impact alongside financial return.
- Complete financial analysis and modeling, industry research and general due diligence on potential investments.
- Assist in the negotiation and structuring of debt and equity transactions.
- Draft and present investment memos detailing transactions, companies, and industries to Investment Committee.
- Work with senior deal team members in portfolio-company monitoring activities (i.e. quarterly reviews, board calls, follow-on investments).
- Contribute to the firm's investment reporting activities with fund limited partners and regulatory agencies; and
- Learn the program structures of New Market Tax Credits, Solar, Rural Jobs & Investments Act and other state and federal programs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years post-undergraduate experience who possess generalist debt and/or equity investment experience
- Undergraduate degree is required; MBA or similar designation preferred
- Demonstrate a track record of high achievement in demanding academic settings, preferably within accounting or finance.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills as well as sharp financial and analytical capabilities.
- Be a self-starter who is eager to grab responsibility and assignments.
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, multi-task, prioritize, communicate, and function on a small team in a collegial environment.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and ability to take direction; and
- Always be a team player able to collaborate with colleagues across multi-state offices.
If interested, please do not hesitate to apply!