Company Summary: This Blackstone Portfolio company is a leading developer and IPP of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid renewable projects. They are a well-capitalized and uniquely positioned to lean forward on projects with deal strictures that are well-suited to meet customer's needs. They have been at the forefront of energy storage development since their first energy storage project went online in 2018. Currently, they have over 15 GW of utility-scale energy storage and hybrid projects in development, and 32 projects in operation/under construction across North America.
Position Summary: The Finance Associate will focus on assisting senior members of the team in providing quantitative decision support for capital investments including projects and new energy storage investments, as well as analyzing existing portfolio investments to optimize return on capital. This position would be suitable for candidates who excel in a performance-oriented environment that fosters personal autonomy and responsibility for delivering results.
Location: Austin, TX (hybrid)
The responsibilities of the Associate include:
- Develop, maintain and/or review both corporate and project level financial models to support decision making on existing and future potential energy storage and/or generation assets, while ensuring that all modeling assumptions are appropriate and reasonable.
- Actively participate in business development activities with solid, timely analysis of proposal options and variables.
- Collaborate closely with a variety of company functions to support successful project development and operations. Take an active role in project financings, including financial structuring, due-diligence support, and document review.
- Perform ongoing monitoring of market variables, running sensitivity analyses and stress tests and reporting on the significance to business models and assumptions.
- Assist in evaluation of a variety of strategic business and financial decisions and preparation of recommendations for the executive leadership team.
- Develop valuations for different investment and M&A opportunities.
- Assist in providing regular updates of key corporate valuation metrics including performing financial analysis to determine present and future financial performance of the business.
- Prepare reports on financial performance of projects both pre- and post-operation.
The Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Degree in finance, business or accounting with high academic standing.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in renewable power, project finance, tax equity, infrastructure, energy, private equity, investment banking, transaction services, or a valuations function.
- Experience conducting research and due diligence, evaluating transaction opportunities, performing financial and valuation analysis, and producing "client ready" investment materials.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint.
If interested in the position, please do not hesitate in applying!