We have a current opportunity for a Environmental Project Director on a permanent basis. The position will be based in San Diego. For further information about this position please apply.
In this visible, hands-on role, the Environmental Director will work independently, a significant portion of time will be focused on the Southern California market, networking and developing new client contacts, with some time also dedicated to Northern California, Arizona, and Nevada.
- Use your broad network of contacts to stay up to date with upcoming projects, tracking industry and regional trends
- Directly affect the growth and brand of the firm, throughout the Western U.S.
- Improve revenues by engaging with referral partners and potential clients, scheduling meetings with new and existing clients to uncover project opportunities
- Solicit involvement of other team members to maximize the likelihood of securing new engagement
- Develop and maintain business network as reliable source of information
- Prepare RFQs, RFPs in collaboration with the business development team, and other proposals to ensure timely and accurate responses to client and prospect requests
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing and potential real estate developers, owners, architects, consulting engineers, industry peers and suppliers by creating a positive image, building lasting relationships, focusing on added value for the client, and communicating concepts and ideas
- Provide input to internal leaders regarding various projects and capture plans
- Offer insights and market intel to impact Corporate initiatives as appropriate
- Facilitate internal and external strategic and business planning, including plan development, goals and objectives, strategy, tactics, and key performance indicators, and track and manage plans
- Identify emerging markets within the industry and working with the company's management team to create and implement market penetration strategies. Remain proactive in continuously asking for feedback from owners, architects, engineers, general contractors and service providers, developing and implementing procedures to benchmark company performance against competitors
- Bachelor's Degree required. Industry experience could be substituted for a degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience, within the A/E/C services required
- Experience working under CA regulatory programs such as RWQCB and DTSC.
- Demonstrated, deep knowledge of the real estate due diligence, environmental risk management, brownfields redevelopment, EPA brownfields grants and funding
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments, vapor intrusion and risk assessment, as well remediation and the appropriate application of a variety of remedial alternatives
- Experience with, construction in both the public-private partnership sector in California
- Must have a network of relevant, current contacts within the real estate and construction industry across California
- History of leveraging existing contacts to secure multiple large projects within California
- Ongoing involvement within several professional and civic associations, specifically those that afford the opportunity for interface with potential clients, providing access to information on industry trends
- Valid driver's license with a driving record in good standing required.