Why this role could be for you:
There's nothing better than a tough environmental challenge. This company handles a wide range of environmental issues-solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That's how they make a difference to clients, people, and the planet.
Their company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and they will attract talented people.
Those people are at the heart of the firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for clients.
Who they are looking for:
In the Environmental practice leader position, you will be tasked with identifying, incubating, and growing client account relationships in the environmental business unit. The role is focused on environmental consulting, design, and design/build solutions.
You will develop and execute account targeting, capture, and development plans to meet agreed upon business development and account growth goals aligned with business and strategic plan goals.
You will also drive growth that is critical to the Mission of the firm to provide a gratifying, safe place to work with expanding opportunities for their employees. They are looking for a strategic and forward-thinking individual that has a combination of deep knowledge of the target markets, existing relationships, and the enthusiasm to advance sales velocity and help grow the business unit.
What's in it for you?
- The chance to develop and lead client service teams drawn from the talent Practices of the firm.
- Increased leadership opportunities through higher visibility in the marketplace, client interactions, and account development.
- Flexible work environment and competitive benefits.
- Strong bonus potential.
What will you be doing?
The ability to grow and succeed as a firm is a direct function of the technical expertise we develop within, as well as the external client and business partnerships that we cultivate. As such, the environmental practice leaser is responsible for keeping their group's technical proficiency at the forefront of their client and business relationships in order to market our innovative project delivery methods. This position is highly visible both within and outside the firm. Additional responsibilities include:
- Become part of a team focused on growing our industrial practice.
- Grow client accounts and sell the full suite of services that they offer.
- Provide consultation to clients and project staff.
- Prepare written proposals, presentations and budget quotes.
- Negotiate terms of service delivery.
- Maintain account relationships to create revenue growth.
- Coordinate with our Marketing team to develop offerings and positioning pieces.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings.
- Assure that invoicing is completed for client accounts and collect overdue receivables.
- External focus, opening doors for our senior and technical staff.
- Identify opportunities early to allow time for teams to position for work.
- Attend conferences and workshops to strengthen existing relationships, establish new client relationships, identify emerging technologies and market drivers.
- Desire to serve and lead in a deliberate, focused and dynamic team environment.
- Coach and develop junior members of the account management team.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 15 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the execution and management in the marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from accredited program preferred.
- Demonstrated experience selling into but not limited to engineering, environmental health & safety, sustainability, operations, remediation project management
- Identify, lead, and participate in business development and bid and proposal efforts.
- Strong desire to grow an organization and the ability to motivate others.
- Understanding of the business development cycle related specifically to the consulting business, including campaign management, proposal writing and development, and development of oral interview strategy and materials.