A WBE firm offering a wide variety of environmental and engineering services is seeking a highly qualified and experienced Environmental / Community Planner to join their team. This firm offers their employees a wide array of projects across disciplines and prides themselves on nimble, responsive, and versatile service for their clients. The firm also enjoys a progressive team atmosphere and a flexible working environment with employees typically working in a hybrid model.
Job Description: As an environmental planner, this individual will support diverse community and multidisciplinary transportation projects throughout the Mid-Atlantic US region. The environmental planner will use GIS and policy skills to collect data, analyze it, and determine how to guide future growth and counsel community leaders. They will also be responsible for the preparation of environmental documents, short and long term community plans, sustainable alternatives, and safety plans.
- Conduct environmental assessments for multimodal transportation initiatives, including rail, bus, cycling, and pedestrian projects.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, including engineers to develop eco-conscious transportation solutions for towns, corridors, intersections, etc.
- Prepare GIS mapping and data analysis.
- Evaluate environmental impact reports and provide recommendations.
- Engage with stakeholders, including government agencies, community members, and transportation professionals.
- Ensure projects comply with local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Propose mitigation strategies to minimize environmental impact.
- 3+ years of environmental planning experience, and/or a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Planning, Science, Policy, or equivalent.
- Ability to assess environmental studies, data, and project impacts.
- Familiarity with local, state, and federal regulations is essential, including NEPA documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that can be applied to speaking and report writing for stakeholder review.
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse groups, including public officials, architects, engineers, and the general public.
- Proficiency using ArcGIS software and other relevant software tools to analyze spatial data.
- Comfort overseeing and managing environmental assessment processes and mitigation plans.
If you have experience in environmental planning and are interested in this role, please apply.