We have a current opportunity for a Environmental Permitting Lead on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Denver. For further information about this position please apply.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Manage projects, clients, and internal staff in preparing state-level site and route permit applications for renewable energy and HVTL transmission projects throughout the U.S.
- Manage and prepare construction permit application packages associated with site/route permits issued for renewable energy and HVTL transmission projects
- Work with internal market and service leaders, senior staff, project managers, and subject matter experts to pursue job opportunities and successfully execute renewable energy permitting projects
- Develop client relationships in pursuit of expanding market presence for permitting and environmental services and other service offerings
- Coordinate with internal corporate resources, direct contact and relationship building with clients and direct regulatory agency contact
- Maintain contacts within the renewable energy and electric transmission industries to monitor development trends, regulator initiatives and market forces
- Coordinate client-based initiatives for renewable energy and HVTL electric transmission infrastructure projects
- Perform a variety of permitting, environmental and regulatory functions including project management, technical report preparation and editing, permit document preparation and editing
- Assist with strategic planning for the Permitting and Environmental group, the renewable energy markets, and broader energy and land development markets
- Knowledge of renewable energy and HVTL transmission line project permitting, federal and state environmental studies, agency guidelines for energy development
- Experience and knowledge of key energy-producing-state regulatory processes, energy developer and utility operating procedures, industry trends and regulatory initiatives
- Approximately 12+ years of experience in federal, state and local energy facility permitting, permitting processes, and associated environmental studies
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulatory structures, existing renewable energy and HVTL transmission projects and key developers in these markets and industries
- Proficiency in technical writing including proposals, subject matter reports and permit applications.
- Proficiency with business development and client tracking software, such as Vision
- Proficiency with project management, budgeting, invoicing, and cost-tracking, including multiple-service projects and cost management
- Bachelor's Degree in natural resources, policy/permitting, earth sciences, engineering or related field (Master's Degree preferred)
- Experience with state-level route and site permits in multiple states, federal NEPA process including EA and EIS, and equivalent state-level environmental review processes