Company Summary: Founded in 1990, the company is a leading the development, investment and operations of the North American power and energy infrastructure sector. They have developed, constructed, managed and acquired more than 45,000 MW of power generation and have raised over $47 billion in debt and equity investments.
Position Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for providing environmental market insight and analysis related to acquisition and divestiture efforts. The candidate shall be responsible for developing and providing market views, including developing trading strategies, for national, state and local environmental markets including carbon, NOx, SOx and REC programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the US renewable power generation sector, US power markets, tradeable environmental products, and analytical and programming capability.
Location: New York City, NY (Hybrid)
The responsibilities of the Environmental Markets Analyst will be responsible for:
- Provide market insight for all REC and Carbon markets
- Track and/or participate in state and federal policy initiatives
- Disseminate market information and views, including potential trading strategies, significant market events and impacts related thereto
- Participate in meetings and conference calls related to legislation, stakeholder meetings and industry groups
- Perform market analysis and develop short and long term trading strategies in the environmental credit markets
- Track asset and spec positions related to carbon and RECs Utilize industry fundamental and technical analysis to research market dynamics and assess trade and hedge positions
- Monitor market, industry, product and pricing trends
- Quantitatively model markets and develop pricing views under range of program & market assumptions
- Provide valuation support for company's acquisition and development activity
- Assist acquisition efforts in assessing and underwriting renewable attribute revenue streams for target power generation facilities
- Formulate risk management and trading strategies
- Ensure compliance with strategic objectives and existing risk controls
- Apply statistical and econometric analysis to data sets to form robust conclusions with predictive value
The Environmental Analyst should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of three years of trading, modeling, researching, and/or analytical support experience within the renewables power industry
- Analytic, modeling, and fundamental research skills including demonstrated capability utilizing programming languages (writing, reading and editing code)
If interested in the positon, please do not hesitate in applying!