We have a current opportunity for a Environmental Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Oakland. For further information about this position please apply.
Job Description: We are seeking a skilled and motivated Environmental Engineer with experience in remediation to join an established team in Los Angeles. As an Environmental Engineer, you will play a crucial role in managing and implementing remediation projects, ensuring compliance with environmental regulations, and providing innovative solutions to address environmental challenges. This position requires expertise in assessing, designing, and executing remediation plans to mitigate environmental risks.
- Conduct site assessments and investigations to identify environmental contaminants and assess their impact on soil, groundwater, and air quality.
- Develop and implement remediation strategies and plans, including excavation, bioremediation, chemical oxidation, and other applicable techniques.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of remediation systems through data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Prepare technical reports, proposals, and regulatory compliance documentation.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, including geologists, hydrologists, and regulatory agencies, to ensure successful project execution.
- Stay up to date with environmental regulations and industry best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior staff members.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- 5-12 years of experience in environmental engineering, with a focus on remediation projects.
- Proficiency in assessing and remediating soil, groundwater, and vapor contamination.
- Strong understanding of federal, state, and local environmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Experience with site characterization techniques, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Knowledge of remediation technologies and their practical application.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license in California preferred.