We have a current opportunity for a Engineering Manager 5 on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Overland Park. For further information about this position please apply.
This top ENR company are seeking a Senior Water Wastewater Engineer/Project Manager with 10 or more years' experience to lead and direct the development of water, wastewater and stormwater opportunities in the Midwest.
This firm focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return they offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Their people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future. One of our core values is people first, they invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential.
You'll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people's lives. You're encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Our team helps clients achieve business objectives by creating and implementing innovative and effective solutions using state-of-the-art practices and technologies. This position is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated, team-oriented, and flexible individual with the initiative and ability to develop business, lead pursuits, and tackle new projects, challenges, and concepts, to join our local team and lead water/wastewater/stormwater projects with support from one of the best-qualified municipal consulting firms in the country.
* Leading and directing the development of water, wastewater, and stormwater projects as a client-facing project manager.
* Managing the planning, design, and construction administration of projects to ensure compliance with contracts, drawings, specifications, codes, statutes, rules, and regulations, as well as quality and safety practices.
* Communicate with clients, establishing goals and objectives for project teams, and scheduling and coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, within budget, and to the performance expectations of the client.
* Provide technical expertise on multi-disciplined projects as a design leader, QA/QC reviewer or technical advisor.
* Supervise and support the work of others while mentoring junior level engineers and technical staff.
* Work directly with clients to determine needs and deliver solutions and lead the growth of client relationships with target clients.
* Lead/Support teams in the marketing and proposal phases of projects including preparation of winning proposals and successful presentations, as well as developing scopes of work and budgets for various water, wastewater, and stormwater projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
* 10 or more years' experience
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering.
* P.E. License and ability to acquire PE Licensure within 6 months
* Excellent technical engineering skills.
* Strong, clear, and concise written and oral communication skills.
* Leads teams and collaborates with clients.
* Excellent technical writing skills.
* Client relationships/experience with the local municipalitie