LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows us to utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients which we can introduce our candidates to!
About the client...
As the leading asset operator, investor, and developer focused on the energy markets in the United States, you will be responsible for providing support for various acquisition and divestiture efforts, primarily through the support of asset market and trading activities, analysis of and certifications related to hedging and trading opportunities. As the Analyst, you will have a strong understanding of the fragmented power markets across the United States, sound knowledge of trading products, analytical and programming capability and structuring expertise.
What you will do…
- Perform market analysis to determine short and long term trading opportunities in the commodity markets (Power, FTRs, emissions, RECs,natural gas, oil, coal, natural gas basis, power basis)
- Directly oversee third parties who are leading the day-to-day commercial strategies at for generating facilities (bidding, procuring fuel, outage coordination, etc)
- Utilize industry fundamental and technical analysis to research market dynamics and assess trade and hedge positions
- Monitor market, industry, product and pricing trends
- Assist with structuring and negotiating documentation to put trades into place
- Provide asset valuation support for company's acquisition and development activity
- Assist acquisition efforts in assessing and underwriting revenue streams for target power generation facilities
- Participate with the acquisition and development team to evaluate strategic hedging alternatives
- Develop power generation hedging strategies across market regions to maximize profitability and minimize margin volatility
- Hedging would focus on the gross margin value streams such as power, ancillaries, and capacity
- Formulate risk management and trading strategies
- Ensure compliance with strategic objectives and existing risk controls
- Apply statistical and econometric analysis to raw Power and Gas data sets to form robust conclusions with predictive value
We want you on our team because you…
- Have a minimum of three years of trading, structuring, and/or analytical support experience within the power industry
- Have analytic, modeling, and fundamental research skills including demonstrated capability utilizing programming languages (writing, reading and editing code)
- Have a working knowledge of various trade capture and programming systems
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have the ability to work on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree
The client is a leading development, investment and operating company focused on the North American power and energy infrastructure sector. We have developed, constructed, managed and acquired more than 45,000 MW of competitive power generation, over 660 miles of transmission infrastructure, and raised over $47 billion in debt and equity investments. The Firm is headquartered in New York with offices in New Jersey, Missouri, California and Texas.