We are seeking an ambitious individual to lead the Electrical Testing Group who thrives on challenges and constantly pushes the norm. This role requires the ability to develop clients and attract new business, manage internal teams, and execute multiple projects (of long and short duration) concurrently. Suitable candidates need to possess knowledge and experience in all phases of electrical power system testing and commissioning. The ability to lead and grow a testing group, communicate and work with clients, owner's representatives, facility engineers and multi-discipline staff and project teams are critical.
Location is flexible - Arlington, DC, Philadelphia, Boston or NYC.
This position encompasses a lead role providing services in all aspects of electrical system's commissioning, operations & maintenance support, and testing services (COT). This role will place a successful candidate into a leadership position with tremendous growth potential responsible for developing an industry leading COT group to support business regionally and each of the five (5) office locations. The COT group services provide hands-on testing and technical oversight for electrical system(s) upgrades in existing facilities and new power systems testing (new construction) for fortune 500 companies within the New York City region, throughout the country and, with occasional international project work. Projects include data centers, trading floors, broadcast facilities, high rise infrastructure and high-end offices. Scope typically includes cutting edge UPS, Generator, power distribution, monitoring and cooling systems. It also includes predictive preventative maintenance program planning and execution, and systemic and component troubleshooting.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Perform commissioning / testing and hands on testing of electrical equipment.
- Grow existing client base and cultivate new clients
- Manage / grow the electrical testing group
- Manage electrical commissioning and testing projects (client, internal team, and project financials)
- Collaborate with the mechanical commissioning team
- Lead projects and write proposals, test scripts and reports
- Mentor and train other testing group team members
- Coordinate invoicing with Accounting Department
- Attend conferences and networking events periodically
- National travel needed as necessary for short durations to oversee / complete commissioning & testing activities at client sites.
The basic requirements for this position include:
- 10+ years' experience as an electrical testing engineer.
- BS in Engineering
- PE or CPMP certification required
- Hands on experience with electrical equipment testing is a must
- Ability to work in office and client sites (new construction and existing facilities)
- Proficient technical writing skills (proposals, test scripts and reports)
- Willing to work various hours (days, nights and weekends)
- Thermography Scanning Certification a plus
- SKM Power System Software experience a plus (i.e. Short Circuit Studies)
- Military background in electrical system operation and repair a plus
- Hardworking and self-motivated, with a desire to learn and solve problems
- Established leadership skills and the ability to build and develop a high-performing testing team
- Current valid driver's license
- Must be able to pass 7 year background check (no felonies or financial frauds) and drug screening