Senior Electrical Engineers
There is a fantastic new opporutnity with a industry leading firm in California - Irvine. This posistion is open to a hybrid work schdule allowing for several work from home days or fully remote!
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Proficiency with designing medium and low voltage distribution systems including substations, switch-gear and standby generation systems.
* Performing electrical calculations for electrical systems using electrical systems analysis software.
* Performing design tasks including lighting layouts, communications, fire alarm, and security systems.
* Modify and prepare equipment detail equipment specifications.
* Developing the electrical plans and specifications for medium to large sized and complex projects (water and waste-water, industrial, facility and transportation type) with minimal supervision.
* Performing site investigations to confirm and/or identify existing conditions for use in developing electrical design.
* Coordinating with the client, utilities, fire marshal and code enforcement officers.
* Reviewing shop drawings and assist with general construction services.
* Direct lower level staff in developing short circuit, protective relay coordination and arc flash studies using power analysis software.
* Developing of the project scope and budget and provide input for proposal development.
* Developing electrical area classification drawings based on the NEC articles 500 thru 504, NFPA 820.
* Will be required to supervise or coordinate the work of CADD Operators, design technicians and others assisting in specific assignments
* Proficiency with SKM Power*Tools or other electrical system analysis software is preferred
* Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills
* Prepare and develop of the Engineer's opinion of probable construction cost estimates using RS Means and similar construction estimation resources.
* Manage electrical power system or energy projects of high complexity for a variety of clients
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or Electrical Technology or related discipline. Professional engineering (PE) license. 10 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Design Knowledge (3D/4D)
Project management experience with electrical or energy project type
If you are interested in this opportunity apply today!