World leader in precision metal forming and processing technology providing innovative solutions to customers in the automotive, aerospace, medical, power generation and other industries for over 55 years.
From our world class facility we develop and manufactures metal forming machinery and dies.
Our growing company seeks a self-starting, resourceful, detail oriented Electrical Engineer with 3-10 years of experience programming various PLC platforms and implementing HMIs in an OEM environment to design mechanical and electrical devices, interact with various internal staff and service devices at customer sites.
You will provide designed solutions from inception through production in new product design and in existing product upgrades of electrical controls systems for industrial machinery and processes.
* Design and evaluate mechanical and electrical devices and systems including power circuits, I/O ladder diagrams, enclosure layout, panel layout, operator station layout, bill of materials, termination and field wiring diagrams are required in accordance with NEC, NFPA, and UL specifications utilizing AutoCAD.
* Analyze and develop design approaches necessary to meet production requirements for new, altered, upgraded or improved products and processes.
* Advise on technical aspects of design as needed.
* Conduct/participate in hands on electrical start-ups including setup, programming and debugging.
* Perform field service and installation at customer sites.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering preferred or equivalent industry experience is required.
* 3 - 10 years of experience programming various PLC platforms and implementing HMIs in an OEM environment
* Demonstrated experience with current PLC controlled automated equipment primarily Allen-Bradley PLC and Rockwell language with working knowledge of current Rockwell Suite of programming tools. (MicroLogix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, Kinetics Motion, FactoryTalk)
* Ability to size electrical components and identifying proper devices and their application.
* Basic understanding of safety circuits, design and usage, and pneumatics and hydraulic circuits and components.
* Strong communication, organizational and computer skills including experience working in MS Office, Rockwell Automation, AutoCAD Electrical, Fanuc CNC and Robotics.
* Other Various PLC Platforms is a plus (Siemens, Omron, Yaskawa).