The client is a global engineering consultancy firm and is seeking talents with significant experience of detailed designs for international mission critical / data centre projects from project inception to completion. This role will be based in Singapore.
- Running small, medium and large size projects, with a significant emphasis on data centers, in Singapore and throughout Asia Pacific.
- Provide assistance to our international teams for global projects.
- Active involvement in the production of drawings, calculations, schedules and specifications for all related mechanical/electrical systems.
- Significant focus on the design of Mission Critical Data Centre Electrical services including all equipment, systems and interfaces. For electrical services also including HV sub-stations, site-wide MV infrastructure, Generators, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Switchgear, Transformers and Earthing.
- Fulfilling a client facing role in the development, design and coordination of engineering project services for mechanical/electrical designs, installations, systems, equipment and facilities.
- Carrying out feasibility, due diligence, condition/dilapidation and other types of surveys and studies on new & existing sites and facilities in respect of electrical/mechanical services.
- Visiting sites regularly and carrying out inspections during construction stage of projects to ensure that the designs produced are realized practically and accurately.
- Specifying and planning activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Day to day liaison and discussion on project progress, design meetings, ongoing requirements for deliverables against detail and programme and direct liaison.
- Address and resolve issues at technical meetings with internal & external teams, local agencies, professional and contractors teams and sub-consultants.
- Ensures engineering deliverables, including drawings, calculations, schedules and specifications meet required robust industry and legal standards
- Assisting on the coordination of engineering services internally between MEP disciplines and externally between MEP and all other relevant designs.
- Taking a holistic view in the selection and application of engineering concepts and solutions.
- Taking an active interest in current and developing technology and non-technology led solutions that can be utilized for developing our own in-house technical excellence and for consideration across our projects.
- Based in Singapore and have the capacity to work on concurrent projects in multiple geographical regions.
- Minimum 6 years overall experience with 2 years Data Centre design
- Data Centre related training and/or accreditation such as ATD / CDCP etc.
- Degree or higher in appropriate engineering discipline or have sufficient equivalent experience
- Broad design experience across Commercial, High Rise, Mixed-use, Hotels & Leisure would be beneficial
- Excellent understanding of Singapore, preferably Asia Regional Standards Codes and Regulations and any other various codes and standards across the APAC region
- Singapore Professional Engineer registration or progress towards beneficial
- Significant experience in production of drawings, calculations, schedules & specifications for a range of building types
- Sound knowledge of key Health and Safety issues and legislation including Singapore DfS
- Knowledge of MS Office applications Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Strong engineering fundamentals, including design principles, equipment, materials, and fabrication methods
- Undertakes a client facing role in the development, design, and coordination of engineering project services for mechanical/electrical designs, installations, systems, equipment and facilities
- Be a motivated, highly dependable individual
- Ability to work to deadlines under short time frames
- Managerial skills, projects and resources focused
- Good Presentation skills
Should you or anyone you know be interested, do apply with your CV. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.