Company Summary: This renewable energy firm works closely with Fortune 500 companies, as well as regional and public organizations to provide turnkey clean energy solutions. Led by a seasoned management team and backed by climate solutions focused investors, the company has a well-established national footprint of over 200 MWs of completed projects. They are currently in an excellent position to capture tremendous market growth opportunities in on-site Solar & Energy Storage Systems as well as community solar.
Location: Bethesda, MD (hybrid work)
Position Summary: The Project Finance Director works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to manage business development project opportunities flow, conduct due diligence, run and maintain pricing and financial models, interact with project finance investors and other tasks. This individual must thrive in a fast-paced working environment and be adaptable to constant change. This is a player-coach role, supported by a team of analysts.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities for financial modeling, pricing, due diligence, financing execution, and interaction with sales analysts and other partners
- Represent the department as a "go-to" subject matter expert on financial modeling and renewable energy financing
- Train and mentor analysts and educate internal colleagues
- Establish and manage project investor community relationships including tax and cash equity, debt, consultants, etc.
- Manage project finance investor due diligence tasks including maintenance of data room
- Take ownership of the organization's project finance valuation models and modeling tools, ensuring up to date market data and internal pricing structures
- Remain current on rapidly evolving market developments and participate in industry events
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in solar project finance and/or tax equity structuring while employed with a renewable energy developer, investor, advisor, or comparable experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Solar project finance modeling expertise with the ability to understand complex models from the ground up
- Working knowledge of project finance documents key terms and conditions
- Demonstrated ability to interface with investors in the renewable energy industry
- Strong Excel modeling skills in project finance