Role: Director of Water infrastructure
Location: Atlanta (HYBRID)
Salary: $140K - $200K BASE
Our client is looking to hire a Director of Water infrastructure as an integral part of our Water Infrastructure Team. This position is based out of one of our offices in Atlanta, GA.
The firm is one of the most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies across the globe. For more than 50 years, they have been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States.
The ideal candidate will work with local Business Unit and Business Development leadership to increase public business presence in the Georgia market. As a seller/doer the candidate will lead a variety of water/wastewater projects, lead or assist in the pursuit of clients and projects and participate in the development of business strategy.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in managing the technical and financial aspects of large projects and have strong leadership and people/client skills. Candidate will be expected to prepare proposals, market existing and potential clients, and help represent in the community.
- Support clients to formulate innovative solutions to drive project success.
- Identify and support business development activities and proposal development.
- Serve as project manager for multiple projects. Conducts contract negotiations with clients and sub-consultants.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers, or drafters.
- Function as a project lead and mentor to project teams.
- Works with external clients at progress meetings and throughout project to meet client needs, project schedules, goals, and deadlines.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and design reports and submits them for approval.
- Prepare project work plans, develop project scopes, schedules, and budgets.
- Monitor schedules, financial status of projects and quality control on projects.
- Direct project team compliance with contract terms, schedule, budget, and quality objectives.
- B.S./ M.S in Engineering.
- At least 12 years of technical experience preferred.
- Excellent technical writing and communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including budget, schedule, and deliverable performance.
- Demonstrated experience working with Georgia cities, counties, or authorities.
- Experience with the following programs is preferred but not necessary: AutoCAD 3D, BIM software (BIM 360, ProjectWise).
- P.E. license is required.
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program.
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!