About the Firm:
LVI Associates is working with a local SoCal firm that specializes in civil engineering/site development, utilities, surveying, and land planning with clients in both the private and public sector for over 20 years.
This firm is seeking a Director of Public Works to lead their new department by being a key decision maker in building out their team and continuing business development efforts in San Bernardino/surrounding counties.
- Responsible for the management, planning, scheduling, and budget of multiple engineering projects and personnel.
- Manage project objectives by collaborating with client and company personnel, developing project proposals, and working closely with Business Development and Leadership on key performance indicators.
- Clearly understand and explain, to employees or subcontractors, client engineering and design standards to ensure project deliverables meet contractual specifications.
- Approve quality of work by analyzing design, client requirements, performance standards, and provide needed feedback regarding accuracy, completeness, and value.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of CA.
- 12+ years experience with public works engineering (city, county, Caltrans, water agencies, etc.).
- Prior experience in design and management of water, sewer, storm drain, and street plans.
- Experience in preparing proposals as well as maintaining project deadlines and budget.
- Proven marketing skills and ability to secure new clients within the public works industry including going to industry events.