LVI is one of the leading Energy and Infrastructure recruitment firm. We offer a bespoke service to our clients that allows us to utilize industry gossip to maximize our reach for both candidates and our current and future clients. Within the renewable energy space, we have upwards of 50 clients which we can introduce our candidates to!
Reporting to the SVP Corporate Finance, the Director of M&A is responsible for managing the client's Corporate Development functions. You have a deep understanding of power markets as well as asset and portfolio/corporate M&A. The ideal candidate excels in a fast-paced, start-up culture where 'no job is too small,' possesses strong technical finance skills and relishes strategic thinking, mentoring employees, and tactical execution.
- Partner with senior executives to identify acquisition and divestiture opportunities that meet the client's strategic objectives
- Develop a network of renewable energy developers, industry contacts, financial sponsor participants and investment bankers to source investment opportunities
- Attend industry conferences, research adjacent markets and monitor competitors to identify M&A prospects that represent a good fit for the client.
- Conduct rigorous analysis to provide detailed guidance and insight regarding potential acquisitions
- Lead due diligence and integration efforts for acquisitions, including coordinating cross-functional teams during evaluation process
- Negotiate purchase price and deal terms, build financial models to support valuation and establish key benchmarks for post-close planning
- Serve as a mentor to junior team members
- Recruit the best talent and develop future leaders
- Assist with finance-related special projects, as they may arise
- 7+ years of experience in corporate development, private equity or investment banking with an energy focus
- Experience driving multiple business deals from sourcing through integration; ability to manage complex negotiations from start to finish
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, can-do attitude, problem-solver who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who can work across multiple departments and levels within the company