One of the most experienced and successful developers in Dallas is looking for a Director of Land Development to help grow the business into the single-family rental market. With plenty of land acquisitions in place, you will spearhead the daily field and office operations of the land development function.
- Management of project-specific land development from planning and entitlements through the completion of infrastructure including off-site and on-site work and amenities.
- Conducts daily builder activities, including design review, permits applications and submissions, and other functions to ensure continuity from planning through community completion.
- Responsible for schedules and insuring the workmanship of all work by inspecting and approving subcontractor's work.
- Ensures all contracted vendors meet the proper insurance requirements and manages pay hold reporting to accounting for the land operations.
- Ensures that the work complies with City or County requirements and applicable codes.
- Manage control functions including cost/budget controls, budget reconciliation, cash flow projections, and activity/program scheduling and monitoring compliance and obligations of tract map conditions, exaction's and bond processing.
- In coordination with the Director of Entitlements, Administration of any and all consulting teams in preparation and processing of land use documents and related infrastructure design/improvement plans.
- Conducts inter agency discussions in conjunction with the Director of Entitlements by serving as a liaison/processing for all levels of required entitlements-to-use, site development plans/documents and related merchant builder approvals.
- Maintains records of all changes on the Community projects, such as change order and/or purchase orders.
- Responsible for inspections and corresponding paperwork.
- Responsible for SWPPP management and compliance.
- Continue to foster previous relationships with industry contacts for the market to facilitate the Land Development Construction Operations.
- Preparation and processing of contracts, change orders, check requests and invoices, and bonds as necessary.
- Approves all subcontractor invoices with regard to work completion and quality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or related fields.
- Knowledge of Land Development practices and procedures, scheduling and safety standards and programs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, take off and estimating software and scheduling programs.
- Strong organization, time-management, personnel management/oversight skills
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
Interested applicants, please 'Apply Now' with your CV/Resume and we will be in touch with you shortly. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Should you have any friends who might be keen or suitable, please feel free to share this opportunity with them or simply get them to contact our consultants.