The successful candidate will also provide civil engineering project management expertise, business development, client relationship management and coordination of key civil engineering services within the office. The role will involve strategically growing business development efforts along with supporting technical aspects of civil engineering projects/operations for the office. Considering this position involves building a civil engineering group in this geography, the ideal candidate will have established client relationships.
* Develop and manage the Civil and Enviromental Engineering team.
* Create a departmental structure that enables the civil & Environmental engineering group to operate effectively in various markets (i.e., municipal, real estate, education, etc.).
* Oversee design and coordination of work on multidiscipline projects ranging from due diligence/site feasibility studies; site engineering through regulatory approvals; and permitting for full range of site development projects.
* Develop site layout and design, including site grading and storm drainage, roadway , water and sewer infrastructure, erosion and sediment control.
* Responsible for on-time, on budget, high quality technical deliverables.
* Support of overall project direction and perform project administration which includes writing reports, gathering information, writing proposals & , tracking project costs, and completing progress reports..
* Coordinate with other engineering and architectural departments within the firm.
* Work with firm management to establish and execute financial performance goals.
* Develop an annual civil engineering business plan. Work with the Office Manager and the firm's Market Leaders to link plan to the growth and expansion of the firm.
* Build relationships and communicate directly with clients (both and external) in support and coordination of all project activities.
Education and Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
* Professional Engineer License (PE) required.
* 15+ years of demonstrated leadership, project management, and client management experience.
* Successful candidate will be known within the municipal and private sector marketplace and have existing relationships.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities.
* Strong client management skills coupled with the ability to cultivate existing and new clients and expand business relationships and opportunities.
* Must possess strong project financial and core business management skills with proven ability to grow a profitable business unit
* Substantial design experience with a specific focus on site development projects, and a thorough understanding of the entitlement processes.
* Technical expertise and familiarity in the areas of municipal engineering principles and practices of related technical areas required.
* Familiar with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Autoturn, MS Office suite and hydrology & hydraulics software packages
* Must show current involvement (memberships) in or with related political and social networking organizations.
* Exceptional interpersonal communication skills a must.
* Capable presenter with strong oral and written communication skills