As the Director of Business Development - (Acquisition & Customer Engagement), APAC, you will be reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the board of Directors.
- Key role in helping to drive location strategy, site selection, and portfolio management for new and existing data centers sites and related infrastructure.
- Sourcing and managing real estate transactions as determined by company's expansion strategy in various region throughout Asia Pacific Region
- Will work strategically with internal and external stakeholders to source and qualify locations, drive the transaction process, identify, and eliminate roadblocks, and provide updates to leadership and the wider organization
- Your Day-to-Day Drive process of acquisition of real estate for all new data centers within APAC region: to facilitate internal stakeholder input engage with external parties to prepare business cases for executive committee to participate in legal negotiations
- Represent site selection team in project meetings and work cross-organizationally to advance real estate deals
- Coordinate internal stakeholder participation on transaction process and provide status updates to wider organization as necessary
- Provide routine updates to the leadership regarding progress and roadblocks to acquiring or closing real estate deals
- Ability to consult, motivate and negotiate effectively with client groups, co-workers, employees, vendors, contractors to take desired action
- Partner with commercial team to formulate and underwrite original and alternative structure approach to real estate deals
- Partner with business development team to build customer information database, to inform site selection activities and identify location hot-spots
- Work with data analyst to build and maintain geolocation database using GIS mapping tools: to collect relevant geolocation data (customer location, internet infrastructure, natural risks, etc.)
- Design and populate mapping tools for use by wider organization to establish and manage process for producing branded, detailed map-based deliverable for internal and external use
- 10+ years of strong real estate transaction experience with expertise in real estate acquisition and leasing in the APAC market.
- You have a relevant bachelor's or master's degree
- Familiar with data center design and operation Ideally, you have experience with utility agreements and/or real estate taxation
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills You have strong organizational, time management, and planning skills
- Experienced in successfully managing in a matrix organization