LVI are searching for a forensic structural engineer to join a diagnostics/forensics department in a top tier design firm in Houston, TX. The client has huge growth plans and needs an ambitious, driven, and personable engineer who can come in and be an integral part for the growth of an entirely new service line.
The firm are an Award-Winning international and national Engineering business, offering professional services to clients in the private and public market sectors. They have a strong leadership and ownership programme upon where growth and development is based on Merit, NOT Tenure.
This firm prides themselves on delivering on time, with exceptional quality to all its clients. Unlike many firms, they take an extremely targeted approach to their business development and client facing skills. Providing top quality services is what sets them apart form their competitors.
- Conduct forensic investigations on single and multifamily residential, and commercial properties, determining the cause, origin, and extent of structural failures, water intrusions, construction defects and building system failures for a clientele of leading insurance carriers and adjusters.
- Investigate and assess damages due to catastrophes such as storm damages (wind, hail, tornado, hurricanes, and floods) as well and construction design defects.
- Provide detailed forensic engineering reports outlining cause and origin of damage to clients.
- Manage multiple projects and assume responsibility for project execution within required time-frames.
- Communicate with staff and clients to provide time-lines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Providing both written and verbal reports to tight deadlines regarding multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Civil/Structural is preferred)
- P.E. license holder in the state of Texas
- 7+ year's experience in engineering
- 2+ year's experience in Forensics - Structural design, investigation, and construction defect experience.
- Project Management experience: Covering a variety of multifamily and commercial structures.
If this role isn't specifically in line with your experience, or you're just looking for something bit different, connect with Hugh Evans on LinkedIn for a confidential conversation to discuss other options and opportunities in Texas!