The Development Engineer will assist the Development & Performance Engineering team in building a portfolio of large-scale solar photovoltaic ("PV") and energy storage solutions, from project acquisition to construction. This role involves providing technical support for projects, including conducting technical due diligence, optimizing engineering, evaluating equipment, and modeling production. The Development Engineer will work with the Development, Procurement, and Investment teams to enhance project and company value.
The Development Engineer will be responsible for:
- Create preliminary layouts for utility-scale solar PV and energy storage projects by collaborating with internal and external teams to establish buildable area constraints.
- Optimize project design using knowledge of module, inverter, racking, and battery energy storage system ("BESS") specifications and design techniques.
- Support early-stage due diligence and engage with external engineering and environmental consultants.
- Manage development engineering budget.
- Provide engineering inputs for business development proposals.
- Perform PV production modeling and energy storage dispatch studies.
- Conduct site visits to support project development and design.
- Evaluate new and innovative technologies.
The Development Engineer will have experience in:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Science, PE license preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in utility PV and/or energy storage system design and construction support
- Knowledge of development studies (e.g. environmental site assessment, wetland delineation, etc.)
- Proficiency in MS Office and PVSyst
- Strong knowledge of utility-scale solar and/or storage project design and optimization tradeoffs, technical specifications, and costs
- Excellent engineering, design, and communication skills Experience with PV production modelling and proprietary tool maintenance
- Innovative problem-solving skills and familiarity with civil and geotechnical risks
- Self-motivated and proactive with a desire for long-term growth potential.
- Great work life balance
- Friendly company culture
- PTO + 11 paid holidays