This Interconnection and Project Development Manager position is with a growing New York based renewable energy developer that develops, owns, and operates both utility and community scale wind energy projects. While project are located in New York, this opportunity is completely remote with occasional site visits and monthly team meetings. The right candidate will work as an integral member of the development team by driving the interconnection process and managing the project development of the portfolio.
The Interconnection and Project Development Manager would be responsible for the development of wind projects by:
- Managing the interconnection process for transmission and distribution-level renewable energy projects.
- Maintaining ongoing knowledge of key stages of the project interconnection process to assess risks.
- Communicating directly with both internal and external development, commercial, and construction teams to ensure procedures and time lines align with project schedules.
- Maintaining market knowledge through technical workshops and weekly ISO stakeholder calls.
- Performing project risk assessments as it relates to grid competition and capacity.
- Providing engineering/technical input for permitting, power purchase agreements, interconnect agreements, financial modeling, and other aspects of the project development life cycle.
- Coordinating energy resource assessments with internal and outside consultants.
- Managing new project sitefinding programs and software in conjunction with existing staff and outside consultants.
- Minimizing project risk during the site selection process as it relates to interconnection, wind resource, and environmental impact.
- Managing the technical and engineering related aspects of local, state, and federal permitting process in close cooperation with the development team.
- Evaluating and analyzing existing and new market development opportunities.
- Drafting and compiling power contract RFP submissions.
Ideal qualifications for the Interconnection and Project Development Manager position include but are not limited to:
- At least 5 years of direct experience in renewable energy development, with experience working for a renewable energy project developer or industry group.
- Direct experience managing electrical interconnection procedures in major North American ISO's, ideally NYISO. Previous experience developing in New York a plus.
- Have excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Possess a solid understanding of project related commercial issues and project financial analysis.
- Ability to successfully work from home.
- Ability to travel to project sites throughout the Northeast, including a valid driver's license. Ability to occasionally travel to parent company's Canadian headquarters.
Some benefits to the Interconnection and Project Development Manager position:
- Competitive Salary
- Work from home
- Medical coverage
- Team management
Interested in learning more about the Interconnection and Project Development Manager position? Apply today!