Back to jobs
Design Engineer (Clearance)
District of Columbia
- Subject Matter Expert for analog and IP CCTV systems which includes cameras & monitors.
- Ability to conduct formal camera shootouts to test low light performance, bandwidth efficiency, power consumption, WDR performance.
- Ability to determine proper focal lens length required to achieve various distances for camera detection, recognition, and identification classifications.
- Have an understanding and ability to configure on-board camera and video analytics
- Provide Tier 3 troubleshooting support for Electronic Security Systems deployed in the field
- Design Engineer shall be familiar with both digital (IP) and analog based ESS equipment.
- Design Engineer shall identify, test, and approve next generation TSSs that would either replace obsolete technology and/or improve current solutions
- Design Engineer are responsible for managing multiple projects through a systems development lifecycle process
- Design Engineer shall develop all necessary technical documentation for the field to be able to design, install, and troubleshoot approved ESS equipment
- Design Engineer shall gather requirements and develop CONOPS for next generation ESSs.
- Design Engineer shall provide system demonstrations and presentations to customer stakeholders and management for new system solutions.
- Be deployed to a field site to install and train personnel on new ESS systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electromechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of current experience in conducting technical security assessments; product evaluations, performing technical needs assessments and recommending security upgrades.
- Active Secret clearance required, may be required to obtain Top Secret at a later time.
- Required to adhere to all government agency guidelines as it applies to COVID vaccine Attestation/Restrictions.