A multidiscipline architectural, engineering, and environmental consulting firm with offices in NY, CT and NJ seeks a dynamic Civil Engineering Department Manager in their Albany NY Office to build a civil engineering practice in the region.
Key Responsibilities Will Include
* Management of engineering staff and oversight of work, budgets, project management plans and workload forecasting.
* Assist with the Development, implementation, and oversight of the strategic and annual business plan development.
* Quality Management of all deliverables.
* Perform client management, coordination and communication with agencies
* Provide management for all staff assigned to the Business Sector Unit, establish technical review meetings with employees and clients.
* Conduct all annual performance reviews in accordance with company policy.
* Develop, implement and manage annual labor budget.
* Prepare and manage quarterly workload projections, monthly Revenue Recognition Report, monthly Exceptions Report and assist with collections as necessary.
* Organize and participate in business development activities. Oversees business development activities of Group Leaders and Project Managers.
* Assists with proposal preparation and/or review. Coordinates teaming arrangements for project proposals as necessary.
* Provides input with respect to hiring, firing, advancement, promotion and other changes in Business Sector Unit employee status.
* A Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field is required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
* NY PE is required
* Minimum of 15 years of experience Civil Industry
* Successful candidate will have a history of developing and maintaining effective business relationships with clients and peers.
* Demonstrated success in growing a group, division or company desired.
* Excellent verbal and written and presentation skills are required.
* Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner