The Data Center Manager is responsible for overseeing the execution of local data center operations at one or more data center properties. Data center operations include, but are not limited to:
* Engineering operations and core infrastructure maintenance
* Data center construction management, commissioning and start-up
* Delivery of data center services including colocation, connectivity, raised floor services and deployment
* Installation and management of all cable and network infrastructure supporting facility and customer connectivity
* Technical event management including post-event root cause analysis and infrastructure repair
The Data Center Manager is ultimately responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing operational strategies to ensure data center operations achieve the highest level of availability.
* 10 years related facility management experience in data center operations (or related electrical or mechanical engineering field) with minimum of 5 years' experience managing or leading data center operations teams in a large scale mission critical environment. Bachelor's degree in electrical or mechanical engineering preferred.
* Solid and proven experience in the construction, commissioning, acceptance and operation of mission critical systems, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and monitoring systems
* Extensive knowledge of structured cabling systems, networking and connectivity standards, and hardware installation requirements.
* Proficient experience in colocation operations, including the installation and deployment of cage, rack and cable infrastructure, as well as, power circuit installation and power monitoring.
* Experience working with and deploying telecom and network providers, specifically in Meet Me Room and POP room environments * Experience managing a change control environment
* Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills, with demonstrated ability to determine event root causes, performance shortfalls and required corrective actions.
* Knowledge of industry data center standards, policies & methodologies
* Knowledge of performance management & critical awareness methods and implementation standards
* Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills * Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
* Experience managing own budget and analysing expenses
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and familiarity with Microsoft Project, Visio or AutoCad
* Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM), and power metering systems.