Client Summary: The client is a rapidly growing renewable energy developer with $1 billion in projects completed to date and over $2 billion of projects expected to be completed over the next four years. Our projects have a positive impact on their host communities and upon the world in which we live.
We seek a talented self-starter who is highly motivated and capable of assuming increasing responsibility in a dynamic growth environment.
The Corporate Finance Analyst plays a pivotal role in advancing the renewable energy project development, financing and ownership mission of the company. In this role, reporting to the Senior Vice President of Finance, you will assess the balance sheet to determine the best plan of action for capital structuring (e.g. refinancing, raising debt or equity), as well as helping to guide investment decisions in new project opportunities or acquisitions. You will support and drive the company's overall capital raising efforts with an emphasis on corporate equity and debt, mezzanine financing, acquisition financing, and the sale of projects, both operating and development stage. Assignments will include financial modeling and obtaining information from other internal groups to support contract negotiation and closing processes. As someone with strong financial acumen and the ability to turn numbers into insights, your contributions will drive both shareholder value and the successful development of new renewable energy resources.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
● Solid understanding of corporate finance concepts
● Strong quantitative aptitude with advanced Excel and modeling skills, VBA skills a plus
● Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
● Detail-oriented with a strong sense of ownership of work product ● Highly resourceful, organized and comfortable working in an unstructured, entrepreneurial environment; this is a transaction-based environment where requirements and deadlines are dictated by deal flow and an ability to manage competing priorities is essential
● Capability to read and interpret legal contracts
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
● Review and develop an in-depth understanding of transaction structures and complex financial models
● Liaise with financing partners to ensure access to credit facilities and equity capital
● Develop finance marketing materials
● Organize and present information for partners performing due diligence on business and investments
● Assist in the review and negotiation of corporate finance contractual agreements, as well as track deliverables under such agreements
● Facilitate the internal flow of information between finance, development, legal and asset management teams during transaction execution
● Work with C-level executives and provide clear insights regarding finance supporting growth, managing risk and realizing opportunities
● Determine appropriate valuations of through detailed analysis (e.g., modeling ROI, IRR, payback period)
● Strive for increased shareholder value through your internal and external assessments and recommendations
● Supporting other corporate objectives as needed
● Undergraduate degree required
● Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience; work experience in renewable energy, real estate development, investment banking or other transactional finance a significant plus
● Near-native fluency in English required